Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Neat-

I have a habit of saying this word in certain situations.

These situations would not typically elicit the word "neat."

Obviously what I mean is that I use it sarcastically, one may even say, ironically.

I daily find myself thinking, "...yeah, and?" or, "what the hell kind of bearing does that statement have on this situation...AT ALL?"

I must say that I am a people watcher. I like to observe. I love to hone my skills of perception. It sometimes makes me seem like an ass, but you know what? I don't care. I am not an ass. I just really want to understand others. What makes them tick. This is really grounded in, "I don't want to dislike anyone. I just want to understand them."

I was recently involved in a production that said, "To idealize is to fundamentally mark as different; it is not to respect. It is to fundamentally mark as different and, therefore, not equal."

Some people might somehow interpret my desire to understand others as analyzing or idealizing. I just want to say that that is not the case. I love my fellow man, and I believe I above all am so very very flawed. I just never want to hate or dislike someone simply because I don't understand where they are coming from. Everyone has justifications for their outwardly upsetting behaviors. I think my problem here is making up "problems" and calling them "justifications." This in turn goes right along with the "when you assume you make..."

Thus. I see the point. I can be kind of an ass...But I mean well.

TANGENT RECOVERY:

When someone says something like, "Yeah, this is my last day of crew for a while. My last day for the semester. Man. Yeah. Gonna be busy with other things for awhile. You know...'Cause of...Yeah. You know."

I simply have to smile and say under my breath, "Neat."