Wednesday, October 24, 2007

quandary

I have never realized how possible it was to feel smart and stupid at the exact same time.

It is not just that I feel smart, and then something happens to make me feel dumb. The two just happen simultaneously.

We are working on the difference between por and para in Spanish right now. One of the conditions for the use of para is a "surprising comparison," like, "Se porta muy mal PARA reina." Which means, "She behaves poorly FOR a queen." I explain this to you, because it seems interesting that there is a rule called surprising comparison.

It seems to apply here...

I feel really dumb FOR a smart kid.

I can't wait to learn more. I really can't wait. I feel like I am slighting myself, because things like Spanish get sacrificed for one class, and then another for directing, and then my acting class gets completey shat upon. It's not that these things aren't ALL important to me, I just don't know how to get it all dealt with. I need a timeturner...really bad. I also don't need to be spending so much time browsing random blogs...